1 Kg - Paneer
1 Cup - Milk
10 gm - Ginger (Sliced)
10 gm - Aniseed
Salt to taste
1/4 Tsp - Asafoetida
2 tsps - Turmeric
1 cup - Curd (Yoghurt)
2 tsps - Aniseed Powder
1 tsp - Ginger Powder
1 tsp - Mustard Oil
1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
3 nos - Cloves
1/2 tsp - Caraway Seeds
1 tsp - Garam Masala
6 nos - Cardamom
1/2 tsp - Black Cardamom
1/2 Inch - Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp - Black Pepper powder
Cooking Instructions :
- Deep fry the Paneer in oil till golden brown and keep aside
- Boil milk with 1 ltr water and ginger, aniseeds, Turmeric, Salt, 1/8 tsp asafoetida and paneer for 30 mins.
- Retain the broth and paneer and discard the rest
- To the broth, add the Curd, Aniseed and Ginger Powders, after mixing these with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture in a pan and resume heating it, and keep on stirring to avoid curlding and till it comes to a boil.
- Add the boiled paneer, and let boil for another 20 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil and add to it Cloves, Cumin Seeds, and the remaining asafoetida.
- Add this to the boiling mixture of paneer, add Caraway Seeds, somewhat crushed Green Cardamoms, the Black Cardamom, Cinnamon and Black Pepper Powders, and also the 'Garam Masala'.
- Simmer on very low heat for another 10 minutes.
- 'Chamani Qaliya' is ready. Serve it piping hot, on hot Plain Cooked Rice.