1 Kg - Panir
11/2 cup - Mustard oil
5 nos - Cloves
1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
1/4 tsp - Asafoetida
2 tsp - Red Chili Powder
2 tsp - Turmeric
1 cup - Curd
1/2 cup - Milk
1 tsp - Ginger Powder
2 tsp - Aniseed Powder
1 tsp - Mixed Coriander- Cumin Seeds Powder
1 tsp - Mixed Big Cardamom, Cinnamon and Black Pepper Powder
1 tsp -
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- Slice, with a sharp knife the Paneer, into cubes
- Deep fry panner to golden brown.
- Boil milk and water, add 1 tsp of Turmeric, half a pinch of Asafoetida and the Salt. Add the fried paneer, and let these cook for half an hour, on medium heat.
- Heat oil add Cloves, Cumin Seeds and the remaining Asafoetida, saute for some time and add Chili Powder and the remaining one tsp. of Turmeric, along with a tablespoon of water.
- Stir till oil takes colour. Add well beaten or churned Curd, and go on stirring for a minute so that Curd blends with the oil etc.
- Add this sauce to the boiling paneer, add Ginger, Aniseed and Coriander - Cumin Powders. Stir to avoid lumps.
- When gravy thickens, and the oil begins to separate, add Big Cardamom, Cinnamon and Black Pepper Powders, along with the 'Garam Masala'.
- Serve with rice or rotis